Our series of free Sussex Uncovered webinars kicks off next month.
During the course of four seminars over the coming months, we will uncover urgent issues facing people and communities across Sussex.
The first hour-long webinar – A great place to live for everyone: how Sussex charities are helping to improve mental and physical well-being – will be on Thursday 10 June, 4pm via Zoom.
It will be hosted by Sussex Community Foundation trustee, Corinne Day, who is Programme Director at Newhaven Enterprise Zone.
Speakers will include:
- Kerry Taylor from BrightPIP, a charity which supports positive parent-infant relationships and infant mental health, working with families in Brighton & Hove.
- Jacky Youldon who runs the ‘RunningSpace: Promoting Life, Beating Suicide’ project at Pelham CIO, a community hub in Sidley, north Bexhill. The Pelham delivers a wide variety of activity to support residents’ health and wellbeing including lunch and craft clubs, community gardens, and green gym.
- Kim Shaw, trustee at the Chichester Information for Young People that provides information, advice, support and counselling for young people aged 13-25 to enable them to participate fully in the community, and become active, independent citizens.
We will look behind the stats and headlines and hear from volunteers and charities working to make a difference to people’s well-being.
You can register for free here and we’ll send joining instructions nearer the time.
Further webinar dates will be:
- Thursday 9 September, 4pm
- Thursday 11 November, 4pm
- Thursday 20 January, 4pm
You can read our report Sussex Uncovered here.