The Newhaven EZ Community Fund at Sussex Community Foundation is a community grants scheme set up by Newhaven Enterprise Zone and managed by Sussex Community Foundation. The Fund support charities and not-for-profit organisations which benefit the Newhaven area – in particular, those which help to encourage a sense of place and to build on the thriving community in the town. Applications are encouraged from projects that foster innovation in community participation, address inequality, raise aspirations and develop opportunities for people in Newhaven to be more actively engaged.
Applications must benefit the community within the drawn area in the map below:
How much is available?
There will be an initial annual pot of £25,000 for grant-making but we expect this to grow over time, in conjunction with the growth of the business sector locally.
What size of grants are available?
The fund will offer grants of up to £5,000 in its first year.
How to apply
Applications can be made on our standard application form. Applications can be made at any time but will be assessed in line with our set deadline dates of January, May and September each year.
We are also happy to receive informal email enquiries to our Grants team or by telephone on 01273 409 440.
The aims of the Fund are to:
- Increase community collaboration and participation
- Create opportunities for training, education, employment and enterprise
- Improve life skills, employability and develop aspirations
- Improve quality of the local environment and shared public space
- Enhance shared community assets and resources
- Encourage the use of sustainable transport for the town
- Promote and deliver initiatives for improved quality of life, including health and well-being
You can view our general eligibility criteria here.
The Newhaven EZ Fund offers a great opportunity for individuals and businesses who want to support the town in which they work or live. The Fund aims to become synonymous with local giving in Newhaven and to make a difference to local people today and for many years to come. To find out more, please contact us on 01273 409440 or email Stephen Chamberlain.
We believe that your involvement will be transformative.