The Brighton & Hove Legacy Fund supports the personal and educational development of children and young people across Brighton & Hove.
Grants of up to £5,000 will be awarded to community groups and charities that support children and young people (up to age 25). A grant will be made to the Library Service to support and promote community engagement with libraries.
Community groups and voluntary organisations that support children and young people and deliver:
- Support children and young people to improve their educational attainment
- Support young people to maximise their employability including developing entrepreneurship
- Encourage participation by children and young people in positive activities that support physical and emotional health, social, learning or personal development
- Support young people to volunteer & engage in community and social action
- Support for children and young people who face barriers to achieving their full potential.
The next deadline for applications is Friday 10th January 2020. For more information, visit Our Grants page.
Here are examples of projects previously funded by the Brighton & Hove Legacy Fund:
Hangleton and Knoll Youth Bank delivers a ‘youth positive’ activities programme, offering a range of projects and activities to young people aged 13+, including some for young women only, developed by and for local young people. Our funding paid for sessional costs of youth workers to help promote and run these activities over a year.
Brighton Table Tennis Club is a grassroots, community charity which uses table tennis to engage people living in the most deprived parts of the city. All who play with the club benefit from the diversity of its membership and the vibrant atmosphere in which strong friendships form across perceived social and cultural divides. This funding will help to deliver a project working with Brighton & Hove Muslim Forum to encourage greater integration and understanding of Muslims in the community. They will run sessions at the Al Medina Mosque, as well as at the Club.