The Rampion Fund is a community benefit fund set up by Rampion Offshore Wind Ltd and managed by Sussex Community Foundation.
The Fund supports organisations working for the benefit of the people of Sussex, with the area of benefit delineated below, from Littlehampton Harbour in the west, to Beachy Head in the east and up to the A272 near Twineham in the north close to the wind farm’s onshore substation. You can download a map of the whole community benefit fund area here. Who can apply?
(If you haven’t signed for our Grants E-News, please do so in order that you get the most up-to-date information about the Rampion Fund! Just click on the box on the right.)
The Fund is open to charities, community groups and not-for-profit organisations, operating within Area 1. Grants of between £1,000 and £10,000 are available, with higher grants of up to £50,000 for larger capital projects.
Applications can be made to support any of the below criteria. For project examples and advice, please read the Rampion Fund guidance notes. If you want to talk through your project idea, please call our Grants Team on 01273 409440.
- Projects that encourage the sustainable use of resources and assist in tackling climate change
- Projects with a focus on energy (generation, conservation and efficiency)
- Renewable energy, energy conservation, energy efficiency and sustainability initiatives for community buildings and facilities, possibly as part of a wider capital improvement project
- Support for marine ecology, nature conservation and environmental improvements
- Projects with a focus on marine safety
- Projects that enhance awareness, understanding and active engagement of the special nature of the south downs and marine environment, e.g. The Living Coast, UNESCO designation
- Increasing opportunities for those facing disadvantage and deprivation to take part in onshore and offshore sports and recreational pursuits
- Increasing the value, experience and understanding of the natural heritage by both visitors and residents
Within the Fund, there are ring-fenced amounts for two specific areas:
- Area 2: East Worthing and Lancing communities – see map here.
- Area 3: A designated area south of the A272 where the electrical substation is situated – see map here. To make an application for project area 3, initially complete a Rampion Expression of Interest form and/or speak to our Grants Team on 01273 409440 or email them here.
A further amount is also available to support sea-user organisations.
How to apply
Applications should be made on the Rampion application form. If you are interested in applying for a larger capital project of up to £50,000, please speak initially to our Grants team on 01273 409440.
Alternatively, for larger projects, you can also complete a Rampion Expression of Interest form . Please read the guidance before completing this form. The Expression of Interest is only intended for larger project applications and is a way of gaining initial feedback from us before developing your project further. It will need to be sufficiently detailed to allow us to assess your project idea. If your application fits with our criteria, we will invite you to apply to one of our main application deadlines. The next closing dates for full applications are:
- Friday 29th March 2019
- Friday 13th September 2019
For more information on the Rampion Offshore Wind Farm, click below.