Are you a professional advisor with a client who wants to give back to their community?
Do you have clients who want to make a positive impact in their community? We’re meeting more and more people who are passionate about using personal, family or business wealth to take on challenges they see on their doorstep. And with some parts of Sussex among the 10% most deprived areas in England, we know the challenges are there to be solved.
As a professional advisor, you will want to find the most efficient and effective route to achieving your client’s philanthropic goals. And this is where we can help. We partner with professional advisors such as solicitors, accountants and wealth managers, to help their clients invest their resources in the local charities and community groups who need it most and can use it best.
We offer a range of options that maximise impact; without the time and cost for you or your clients of starting their own charitable trust. While enabling them to support the causes and challenges that matter most to them.
More impact for your client. A more valuable relationship for you.
How we can help
We help people with resources to create the lasting, local impact they seek, through grants to Sussex’s network of small, effective charities and community groups.
We can do this in a number of ways, to offer you and your client a range of choices. Whatever the path they take, it should result in rewarding, efficient, impactful giving; on their terms.
The value we add
- We provide advice on effective charitable giving, to maximise impact and minimise admin and cost.
- We carry out research to understand the specific needs and challenges of communities across Sussex
- We build relationships with the charities and community groups that are helping to meet them
- We ensure due diligence and reporting are carried out on every grant made.
What we can do for you and your clients
- We can create a Donor Advised Fund your client can use to give to causes they care about, in a tax-efficient way that can also involve future generations. Either through invested funds that keep on giving, funds for immediate impact, or a combination of the two.
- We can help to set up legacies so that clients can create lasting local value through their Wills and estates.
- We can support or take on charitable trusts where the administrative burden has become too much, trustees are struggling to fulfil the objects, or the future is unclear.
- We can provide bespoke, expert advice and guidance on all areas of charitable giving and local philanthropy.
Put an experienced team behind your client
We’re people who want to make an impact too. Our passionate and motivated staff team has expertise in grant-making, philanthropy, local community needs and finance. They’re overseen by a trustee board of experienced local people, many with legal, financial and professional backgrounds.
Together we manage an endowment that has grown to £25m since 2006; as well as over 100 separate grant-making funds. Over the last two years we have given grants of over £4m a year to over 1,000 local charities and community groups.
What can you expect from us?
As partners, we are here to support and strengthen your relationship with your clients. Our goal is to ensure that they are provided with the best possible advice on rewarding, efficient giving, with you as the cornerstone of the relationship.
“We have been impressed to hear about the role which community foundations play in helping people with a philanthropic interest in local giving. They provide a highly bespoke service, working with donors to help them identify their areas of interest and then putting together a plan for how this might be implemented with greatest impact in their local area.” Gary Rogerson, Heartwood
Contact our Head of Philanthropy, Stephen Chamberlain, to find out more about how we can help.
Follow us on LinkedIn to read more of our giving stories
Sign up to our newsletter for Professional Advisors
View our leaflet ‘Expert Local Philanthropy Advice’ for Professional Advisors