In celebration of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee, Arts Council England’s Let’s Create Jubilee Fund has set out to support some incredible projects across England. By doing so, they seek to widen and improve opportunities for all ages to participate in creative activities, develop and improve pathways towards creative careers and to improve health and wellbeing through cultural activity.
Sussex Community Foundation has announced 18 grants totalling £127,457 to voluntary and community organisations in Sussex from Arts Council England’s Let’s Create Jubilee Fund. From drama workshops to motion capture Muay Thai, the Let’s Create Jubilee Fund has worked to further the efforts from some of these fantastic groups.
One group that secured funding was Crawley Festival; a group set up to provide annual events throughout Crawley. A brilliant way to involve the entire community of this major town, Crawley Festival requested funding for several sculpture workshops, which will culminate in one large sculpture in the town centre.
Siam Boxing Camp
Siam Boxing Camp‘s fundamental aim is to provide Muay Thai, K1 and kickboxing sessions to the local community. Fusing both visual and martial arts together, Siam Boxing Club requested funding for a motion capture visual arts project to celebrate the Queens Jubilee culminating in a live public screening on 11/6/22 with music and dance performances delivered by local artists.
Other Groups Benefitting from Let’s Create Jubilee Fund
- Crawley Community Youth Service, Crawley
- Crew Club, Brighton
- East Dean Residents Association, Wealden
- Ensemble Reza, Mid Sussex
- Exploring Senses CIC, Lewes
- Friends of Manor Green College, Crawley
- Headway Sussex, Brighton and Hove
- Mid Sussex Voluntary Action, Mid Sussex
- MSL Discover, Hastings
- Old Boat Corner Community Association, Brighton
- Renegades Youth Club, Chichester
- Singing Mama’s Choir, Wealden
- Southeast Communities Rail Partnership CIC, Horsham
- Southwick Community Association, Adur
- The Amblers, Rother
- The Ledward Centre, Brighton
The Let’s Create Jubilee Fund was made possible by National Lottery players and is designed to help voluntary and community organisations develop creative and cultural events to celebrate Her Majesty the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee in June.