Here’s how it works. We have three main rounds of grant-giving each year. Upcoming deadlines for applications (unless specified otherwise) is 5:00pm (1700 hours) as follows:
- Friday 1st May 2020 (Decisions in Summer 2020)
- Friday 11th September 2020 (Decisions in Autumn 2020)
- Friday 8th January 2021 (Decisions in Spring 2021)
Our grants programme is made up of a range of funds which help to address disadvantage and deprivation and build resilience in Sussex communities. We are particularly keen to support grassroots community groups and small-to-medium sized voluntary organisations. Please note our general funds cannot support small contributions to large capital appeals or campaigns.
Please read the general guidance notes before applying.
Access our online application form by following this link and follow the on-screen instructions. You can save and return to your application as many times as you like before you submit it. If you are unable to apply online, please contact our Grants Team on 01273 409440 or email for a copy of the application form.
Our current round
Summer 2020 – deadline Friday 1st May 2020, 5pm (unless stated otherwise)
Please note: some of the funds open this round have criteria outside our General Awards and/or a special application form or a different deadline.
These are listed below – more may be added. A full list of funds is available to download here.
- East Brighton Trust Fund supports charities, community and voluntary groups undertaking projects or events that benefit people who live in East Brighton. Grants up to £500. This fund has its own guidance and online application form. If you are unable to apply online, please call our Grants Team on 01273 409440 or email our Grants Team for a copy of the application form.
- Rampion Fund supports organisations working for the benefit of the people of Sussex from Littlehampton Harbour in the west, to Beachy Head in the east and up to the A272 near Twineham in the north close to the wind farm’s onshore substation. Projects will have links to environment and ecology, climate change and energy. Priority will be given to projects that also help to tackle disadvantage and improve people’s lives and well-being. For the Rampion Fund’s main area of benefit, grants are offered in the range of £1,000 – £10,000, with higher grants offered in exceptional circumstances. This fund has its own guidance and application form and specific area of benefit. For more information please click here. Deadline for applications is Friday 27th March 2020.
- Westdene Fund gives grants of up to £1,000 to individual young people (aged 16-25 years) in Sussex with outstanding musical talent. This fund has its own guidance and online application form which needs to be completed with supporting reference document which can be found here. Applications can be made at any time.
For information on or to apply to the Shoreham Air Show Fund, please call our Head of Grant Programmes, Hannah Clay on 01273 409440 or email Hannah Clay.
All applications received must be accompanied by copies of the required supporting documents (including signed copies of your constitution and accounts) by the relevant deadline. Please note you do not have to resubmit copies of your constitution and policies if you have already done so with a previous application. You will find the list of documents to submit with your application on our standard guidance.