Here’s how it works.
DEADLINES & DECISIONS
We have three main rounds of grant-giving each year. The deadline for applications (unless specified otherwise) for the next three is 5:00pm (1700 hours) as follows:
- Friday 3rd May 2019 (decisions in summer 2019)
- Friday 13th September 2019 (decisions in autumn 2019)
- Friday 10th January 2020 (decisions in spring 2020)
Our grants programme is made up of a range of funds which help to address disadvantage and deprivation and build resilience in Sussex communities. We are particularly keen to support grassroots community groups and small-to-medium sized voluntary organisations. Please note, our general funds cannot support small contributions to large capital appeals or campaigns.
FORMS & GUIDANCE NOTES
Although a few funds have their own criteria and/or deadline dates, applications should be made on our general online application form and, in the main, you do not need to apply to a specific fund (see below). If your application is successful, we will match it to the fund that we think is most likely to want to fund it.
Access our online application form by following this link and follow the on-screen instructions. You can save and return to your application as many times as you like before you submit it. A sample application form is available here so you can see the information we need, before you start, if you wish.
(If you are unable to apply online, please call our Grants Team on 01273 409440 or email our Grants Team for a paper copy of the application form.)
OUR CURRENT ROUND
We are currently accepting applications to our Summer 2019/2020 round. You can download a full list of the funds from which we will be making grants in this round here.
Specific funds (that have their own application form and/or deadline dates) this round are:
- East Brighton Trust Fund supports projects or events that benefit people who live in East Brighton. Grants up to £500. It has its own guidance and online application form
- Meads Fund gives grants to located or operating in Eastbourne. Grants of up to £20,000 per year for up to three years. It has its own criteria and online application form.
- The Rampion Fund supports projects that benefit the broad community, in particular those with links to environment and ecology, climate change and energy, and improved community facilities. There are a number of strands to this fund – more details here. It has its own guidance and application form. Deadline: 13th September 2019
- Westdene Fund gives grants of up to £1,000 to individual young people (aged 16-25 years) in Sussex with outstanding musical talent. This fund has its own guidance and application form and applications can be made at any time.
For information on or to apply to the Shoreham Air Show Fund, please call our Head of Grant Programmes, Hannah Clay, on 01273 409440 or email Hannah Clay
All applications received must be accompanied by copies of the required supporting documents by the relevant deadline. You do not have to resubmit copies of your constitution and policies if you have already done so with a previous application. You will find the list of documents to submit with your application on our general guidance notes page.