Here’s how it works. We have three main rounds of grant-giving each year. The deadline for applications (unless specified otherwise) for the next three is 5:00pm (1700 hours) as follows
- Friday 3rd May 2019 (decisions: summer 2019)
- Friday 13th September 2019 (decisions: autumn 2019)
- Friday 10th January 2020 (decisions: spring 2020)
Our grants programme is made up of a range of funds which help to address disadvantage and deprivation and build resilience in Sussex communities. We are particularly keen to support grassroots community groups and small-to-medium sized voluntary organisations. Please note, our general funds cannot support small contributions to large capital appeals or campaigns.
Access our online application form by following this link and follow the on-screen instructions. You can save and return to your application as many times as you like before you submit it. For more instructions on using the online form, please see our guidance. A sample application form is available here so you can see the information we need. If you are unable to apply online, please call our Grants Team on 01273 409440 or email our Grants Team for a copy of the application form.
Our current round
Summer 2019/2020 – deadline Friday 3rd May 2019, 5pm (unless stated otherwise for our special funds)
Please note: some of the funds open this round have criteria outside our General Awards and/or a special application form or a different deadline. These are listed below – more may be added. A full list of funds is available to download here.
- East Brighton Trust Fund supports charities, community and voluntary groups undertaking projects or events that benefit people who live in East Brighton. Grants up to £500. This fund has its own guidance and online application form. If you are unable to apply online, please call our Grants Team on 01273 409440 or email our Grants Team for a copy of the application form.
- Little Cheyne Court Wind Farm Fund supports Sussex charities and community groups who operate within ten kilometres of the wind farm which lies seven miles east of Lydd on Romney Marsh. Grants of between £500 and £5,000 support environmental, educational, community and charitable activities. This fund has its own guidance and online application form Deadline: Monday 18th February 5pm.
- Meads Fund gives grants to charities and community groups located or operating in Eastbourne, Sussex. Groups should actively promote the inclusion of all members of the community. Grants of up to £20,000 per year for up to three years. This fund has its own criteria and online application form and sits within our standard application round deadline.
- The Rampion Fund supports projects that benefit the broad community, in particular those with links to environment and ecology, climate change and energy, and improved community facilities. There are a number of strands to this fund – more details here. This fund has its own guidance and application form. Deadline: 29th March 2019
- Westdene Fund gives grants of up to £1,000 to individual young people (aged 16-25 years) in Sussex with outstanding musical talent. This fund has its own guidance and application form and applications can be made at any time.
For information on or to apply to the Shoreham Air Show Fund, please call our Programmes Manager, Hannah Clay on 01273 409440 or email Hannah Clay.
All applications received must be accompanied by copies of the required supporting documents (including signed copies of your constitution and accounts) by the relevant deadline. Please note you do not have to resubmit copies of your constitution and policies if you have already done so with a previous application. You will find the list of documents to submit with your application on our standard guidance.