Here’s how it works. We have three main rounds of grant-giving each year. The deadline for applications (unless specified otherwise) for the next three is 5:00pm (1700 hours) as follows
- Friday 4th May 2018 (Summer 2018-19)
- Friday 14th September 2018 (Autumn 2018-19)
- Friday 11th January 2019 (Spring 2018-19)
Our grants programme is made up of a range of funds which help to address disadvantage and deprivation and build resilience in Sussex communities. We are particularly keen to support grassroots community groups and small-to-medium sized voluntary organisations. In most cases, you do not need to specify which of our funds you want to apply for. We will match your application to the donor we think is most likely to fund you.
Please read the general guidance notes before applying.
Access our online application form by following this link and follow the on-screen instructions. You can save and return to your application as many times as you like before you submit it. For more instructions on using the online form, please see our guidance. A sample application form is available here so you can see the information we need. If you are unable to apply online, please call our Grants Team on 01273 409440 or email our Grants Team for a copy of the application form.
Our current round
Summer 2018/19 – deadline Friday 4th May 2018, 5pm (unless stated otherwise for our special funds)
Please note: some of the funds open this round have criteria outside our General Awards and/or a special application form or a different deadline. These are listed below – more may be added. A full list of funds is available to download here.
- Comic Relief Core Strength for Local Communities – supports charitable organisations with annual incomes of up to £100,000 addressing disadvantage, to cover core costs (i.e. expenditure not connected to delivering projects but focussing on investing in the organisation as a whole, such as basic running costs). Grants available of up to £10,000. This fund has its own criteria and online application form. Applicants may apply separately to both this fund and our general awards Summer Round, provided that any application for the latter is to support project activity costs (i.e. not for core costs). Previous applicants may also apply though we recommend contacting the Grants Team to discuss your previous application before making a further submission.
- East Brighton Trust Fund supports charities, community and voluntary groups undertaking projects or events that benefit people who live in East Brighton. Grants up to £500. This fund has its own guidance and online application form. If you are unable to apply online, please call our Grants Team on 01273 409440 or email our Grants Team for a copy of the application form.
- Little Cheyne Court Wind Farm Fund supports Sussex charities and community groups who operate within ten miles of the wind farm which lies seven miles east of Lydd on Romney Marsh. Grants of between £500 and £5,000 support environmental, educational, community and charitable activities. This fund has its own guidance and online application form Deadline: 16 February 2018
- Rampion Fund supports projects that benefit the broad community, in particular those with links to environment and ecology, climate change and energy, and improved community facilities. There are a number of strands to this fund – more details here. This fund has its own guidance and application form.
- Westdene Fund gives grants of up to £800 to individual young people (aged 16-25 years) in Sussex with outstanding musical talent. This fund has its own guidance and application form.
For information on or to apply to the Shoreham Air Show Fund, please call our Programmes Manager, Hannah Clay on 01273 409440 or email Hannah here.
All applications received must be accompanied by copies of the required supporting documents (including signed copies of your constitution and accounts) by the relevant deadline. You will find the list of documents to submit with your application on our standard guidance.