We are delighted to be working with Arts Council England to establish the new Crawley Cultural Fund at Sussex Community Foundation that will provide small grants to increase arts activity and community engagement in the arts for people living in Crawley.
Grants of up to £5,000 are available for community groups and voluntary organisations that deliver one or more of the following outcomes:
- Widen access to arts and culture activities
- Bring excellent art and culture experiences for those in Crawley
- Increase engagement from those traditionally under-represented in the arts including children and young people, those not in education, employment or training, ethnic minority groups, those with disabilities and the LGBTQ community
- Develop activities to celebrate the diverse range of cultures in existence in Crawley
- Increase use of the arts to address social issues such as social inclusion, loneliness and isolation
- Improve mental and physical health and wellbeing through engagement in community arts projects
- Enhance the capacity of community arts organisations to deliver their work or build their resilience
- Create new arts-based community collaborations and partnerships
Arts activity to be supported could include a wide range of visual and performing art forms, including music, dance, theatre, literature, craft, festivals as well as event that bring people together.
The Fund will make one-off grants of up to £5,000 but will also consider applications for grants of up to £5,000 per year for two years. Applications can be for organisation or project costs. The fund has its own criteria and online application form. (You can find general guidance for all grant applicants here.)