Comic Relief Community Cash grants of £500-£1,000 are available to small organisations in Sussex that are doing great work to help local people living tough lives.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Constituted voluntary and community groups
- social enterprises
- community interest companies.
Groups which have been established for less than 12 months are eligible to apply.
Groups eligible to apply need to:
- be working in a disadvantaged or deprived area
- be a small local group with an income of less that £100,000 per year run by local people
- have limited access to other sources of income
- clearly define the need the group is addressing
- clearly demonstrate the benefit of its activities to disadvantaged people
- illustrate how it aims to deliver social outcomes
- provide clear evidence that the services provided are inclusive to all
- provide clear evidence that the activities provided will target people who ordinarily struggle to access these opportunities.
Grants will not be awarded to:
- organisations in receipt of a grant directly from Comic Relief (excluding the Community Cash programme)
- statutory organisations, including schools
- national organisations (unless the application is submitted by a local office with a separate management committee, bank account and governing documents).
What kinds of things might Comic Relief Community Cash fund?
Examples of the kinds of things that might be funded include:
- food banks
- counselling and advice services
- disability sports clubs/activities
- training, skill-building an volunteering projects
- community groups and set up costs for new groups
- support groups.
Community Cash grants cannot be used to fund:
- trips abroad
- buses, minibuses or other community transport schemes (not including transports costs forming part of a project)
- building costs, including access adaptations to buildings.
Apply for a grant online here. If you are unable to use the online form, please call us on 01273 409440. The deadline for applications is Friday 5th May 2017, 5pm. You may apply for both a Comic Relief Community Cash grant and a grant from our General Awards at the same time. For more information, call our Grants Team on 01273 409440.
Red Nose Day 2017 took place on Friday 24th March. Money raised from Red Nose Day will help transform lives of some of the poorest and most disadvantaged people both on your doorstep in the UK and across some of the world’s poorest communities.